Police are re-investigating notorious paedophile Charles Napier as part of their probe into a high-profile VIP child abuse ring, the Sunday People has revealed.
The Sunday People first revealed the shameful past of Napier, ex-treasurer of the Paedophile Information Exchange (PIE), after we tracked him down in a sleepy country town.
Now officers from Operation Fairbank – set up to investigate historical allegations of a UK-wide paedophile network – are re-opening files on the 68-year-old.
It is understood detectives have already interviewed at least one of his victims. They are said to be particularly interested in Napier’s role in the PIE.
The languages teacher was jailed for nine months for indecently assaulting a 14-year-old boy he’d lured to his home.
Before that, he was found to have indecently assaulted pupils at a school where he worked.
A whistleblower who investigated Napier nearly 20 years ago said last week: “He remained central to that organisation and I had the horrendous task of sifting through a huge collection of letters he wrote over the years to fellow paedophiles.”